To be delivered to: The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate, and The President of the United States
We the undersigned call upon our elected officials to endorse the Environmental and Social Responsibility Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which would:
1. Require public funding of all state and national elections and ban all other monies (not only from corporations, but from political parties, non-profits, and individuals) – in short, a real Money out of Politics amendment. Declare that money is not speech and corporations are not people.
2. Require corporations with incomes above $50 million/yr to get a new corporate charter once every five years which would only be granted to those that could prove a satisfactory history of environmental and social responsibility to a panel of ordinary citizens (after hearing testimony from people all around the world whose lives have been impacted by that corporation's products, services, advertising, treatment of workers and workers in firms to which the corporation sub-contracts, and environmentalists).
3. Require environmental and peace education (including teaching empathy, generosity, and environmental sustainability) for every grade level from kindergarten through graduate and professional schools.
4. Preventing corporations from moving their assets out of the places where they have been employing more than 500 people until they have compensated the communities they are leaving for the environmental, economic and/or social damage they are causing by moving those assets.
5. Overturning all parts of the US Constitution that are deemed by the Supreme Court to be in conflict with this amendment, but only to the extent that they are in conflict (so those parts are hereby modified to not be in conflict with this amendment, but in other respects are still in force).
Thanks for endorsing the Environmental & Social Responsibility Amendment! Please consider sharing this amendment with your friends by clicking on one of the icons below.
Tikkun & the Network of Spiritual Progressives
ORG ADDRESS LINE 1 ORG ADDRESS LINE 2
ORG CITY, ORG STATE ORG ZIP
ORG CONTACT PHONE
ORG CONTACT EMAIL